TANDEM • Cross-border cooperation and skills development
The European TANDEM project focused on five strategic fields for Hauts-de-France (France) and West Flanders (Belgium), the two regions involved:
- ICT and imaging
- food and health
- textiles and novel materials
- transport and logistics
The project strengthened the centres of expertise in their role as cross-border interfaces between academic institutions and businesses with the potential to innovate in Hauts-de-France and West Flanders.
The West Flanders and Hauts-de-France regions are very similar in social and economic terms and are both active in the same industrial sectors.
As a project partner, EuraMaterials helped the businesses of the Hauts-de-France region deploy their innovation potential on the subject of novel materials via cross-border ‘tandems’ with Flemish partners.
We also produced the promotional video about the first Euroregion for advanced materials (see above).
- Provinciale Ontwikkelingsmaatschappij West-Vlaanderen(POM) (lead partner)
- Ondernemerscentra West-Vlaanderen
- EuraMaterials(Matikem & UP-tex)
- Eurométropole Lille-Courtrai-Tournai
- KU Leuven KULAK
- Howest(Hogeschool West-Vlaanderen)
- VIVES(Katholieke Hogeschool Brugge-Oost & Katholieke Hogeschool Zuid-West-Vlaanderen)
- Universiteit Gent
- Région Hauts-de-France
- Université de Lille
- Provincie West-Vlaanderen
Project type: Interreg VA FWV
Start date: 1 October 2011
Duration: three years
Total cost: €2,720,169.18
ERDF funding: €1,392,967.54
Learn more: Interreg project description (in French)