This personal information charter (the ‘charter’) sets out the policy of EuraMaterials with regard to personal information on the website www.euramaterials.eu (the ‘website’). The purpose of this charter is to inform you of the terms and conditions governing the collection of personal data by EuraMaterials, the reasons why such data are collected, how they are used, and your rights. It applies to any information provided by you or collected by EuraMaterials while you browse the website.
EuraMaterials may collect your personal data while you browse the website. In particular, this personal data includes:
- Personal information, such as your civil status, the name of your organisation, your job title, your telephone number, your postal address and your email address, in order to get in touch with you further to contact requests, to send you newsletters, and to manage your EuraMaterials membership, etc.
- Electronic identification data available on or from your computer/tablet/telephone (such as ‘cookies’ or ‘IP addresses’). Your electronic identification data make it possible to identify your connection terminal or the web pages consulted during your session.
You may be invited to send EuraMaterials personal data through the website, for example via one of the contact forms, or when registering for an event or subscribing to newsletters.
Your data are collected by:
EuraMaterials – 41 rue des Métissages – CS70314 – 59336 TOURCOING CEDEX – FRANCE
An association under the French law of 1901 – SIRET registration number: 851 666 016 00015
Web designer: Mediapilote – Agence Flandres Côte d’Opale
Right of access, right to rectification, right to erasure and right to object to data processing
You have the right to access, rectify and erase your personal information, as well as the option of objecting to the processing of such data. You can exercise this right at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EuraMaterials has a duty to process personal data confidentially and securely. You are therefore informed that your request will be processed subject to provision of proof of identity, for instance by producing a scan of your current identity document (in the event of an online request) or a signed photocopy of your current identity document (if your request is made in writing).
EuraMaterials undertakes to respond to your request to access or rectify your data, or object to it being processed, or any other additional request for information, within a reasonable period of time that shall not exceed one month following receipt of your request.
You also have the right to submit a claim to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State in which your usual place of residence or workplace is located, or where the infringement is thought to have occurred, if you believe that the processing of your personal data constitutes an infringement of the applicable regulations.
Management of personal data by EuraMaterials
Purpose of data collection
EuraMaterials processes your data through the website for the following purposes:
- Communicating further to your requests made via the contact form,
- Managing your subscription to the newsletter (subscribing and unsubscribing),
- Signing up for our events,
- Producing anonymous statistics on website use,
- Participating in the activities of the association,
- Carrying out satisfaction surveys and polls.
Data are only stored for the duration required to complete the purpose for which they were collected.
To manage your subscription to the newsletter EuraMaterials stores data for three years from the last contact. If you unsubscribe, EuraMaterials will stop sending you newsletters.
Your personal data are intended for the EuraMaterials departments handling your requests.
EuraMaterials does not pass your data on, unless:
- EuraMaterials has to share this information with third parties in order to provide you with the service requested, or
- EuraMaterials is ordered by a legal authority or any other administrative authority to disclose the information, or
- you have given prior consent to such information being shared.
Data hosting and security
EuraMaterials has made every effort to put reasonable precautions in place to protect the confidentiality and security of the personal data processed and prevent them from being misrepresented, corrupted or destroyed, or from unauthorised third parties gaining access to them. Technical and organisational security measures have been implemented for this purpose.
EuraMaterials does not, however, have complete control over all the risks linked to the operation of the internet and draws internet users’ attention to the existence of potential risks inherent to its use and operation.
For technical reasons related to the storage of your personal data, your data will be stored together in one place, with the following service providers:
- OVH – Roubaix (France)
- Mailjet – Frankfurt (Germany) and Saint-Ghislain (Belgium)
EuraMaterials attaches great importance to the protection and the security of its information systems.
Tools have been put in place to enable EuraMaterials to detect any security vulnerabilities. These tools may lead to the incidental access of personal data by the security teams. These data will be collected and processed solely to manage these vulnerabilities, in compliance with applicable personal data protection regulations.
Amendment of the charter
EuraMaterials may have to amend the charter and will ensure that you are informed thereof either by means of a special notice on the website, or by a personalised alert, particularly in the context of newsletters.
Personal data policy in relation to minors
Minors are not the website’s target audience. They may nevertheless access the website, as it does not contain any content prohibited to minors under the age of 18.
If information about a minor were to be collected by the website, the minor’s legal representative can contact email@example.com to rectify, amend or erase such information.